Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ayn Rand and Britney Part 2

Now I will talk about more similarities between Ayn Rand and everyone's favorite popwreck, Britney Spears! They both paint themselves to be these beleaguered souls, with the world and everyone constantly harassing them and treating them unfairly, and some people even buy into that bullshit. In reality they had plenty going for them, lots of money and resources to do whatever they want, and lots of people and fans who love and support them, but they choose to focus on the negative and plummet into a downward spiral. What they need is to get a grip on life, and grow up. Britney still has that chance, but Ayn unfortunately doesn't.

Ayn said that "Nobody helped me" and "there isn't a single mind out ther I can talk to", when both of those are total bollocks. Her family, Cecil de Mille, her husband Frank, her publishers, all helped her. Barbara Branden says in her book that after the publication of her magnum opus Atlas Shrugged, many famous and highly respected philosophers and leaders came to speak to her and congratulate her, but she "alienated them within minutes". This was because she believed everyone had to agree with her about every single little thing or she could not get along with them.

People say stuff like Britney has such a hard life, because she has people following her around and her family wants her money, and whatever else they say. I personally wouldn't mind people following me around, actually I wish people would follow me around more and take my picture more. My boyfriend asked me if I would really like that, to be plastered on billboards everywher and I said, sure, the world needs more Meg! Anyway, Britney had, and still has in many ways, everything going for her. She had a hot boyfriend JT before her relationship dissolved due to her infidelity (sound familiar?), and then a husband KFed and lovely kids, multi-platinum album, a house in Malibu, and if nothing else, she's set for life with her multi million dollar fortune. How many people are so lucky as to not have to worry about money ever again for the rest of their life? If you're going to put yourself out here, you have to be prepared for the fact that not everyone will like you, and you will have haters, and you cannot let that get to you. I think she still has far more fans (myself included!) than haters. Maybe i'll send her a postcard after this post.

And I don't get people who get so mad when people see ugly pictures of them, celebrities or not. I don't care, actually my hobby is to collect embarassing and ugly pictures of myself and others. People need to stop taking myself so seriously. I also don't think Britney looks bad now, I wouldn't mind looking like her. And even in the pictures where she's not wearing makeup, or whatever, and people say she looks like a wreck, she still looks like Britney, and you can still tell she's pretty.

Photobucket

Another similarity between Ayn Rand and Britney Spears is that they were poor judges of character : Rand in Nathan Branden and Leonard Peikoff, Britney with Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib (eww! -- I had to look hard to find an appropriate pic of Britney without her two remoras).


Photo from People Magazine

No comments: